Radiostation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bandit, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Bandit

Bandit Private E-2

To help my friends in Peru to make their radiostation to work on the net, that do they need? Software and hardware, they got an 500mhz pentium whith 128mbsdram. 16bit soundcard. help me please to help them, I used to work there before then I lived in Peru.
    After the earthquick they dont got plenty of hardware or nothing. I send you a link to there station so you can fell a part of them because your help them, exuse my english.........
    Peace, El Gringo

2. Ryanwb

Ryanwb Private E-2

Do they want to stream their radio station, or do they want to be able to listen to a radio station?

3. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

the former i'd think
    I'd imagin you'd need to set up a streaming media server, and have it stream what veer you have going through in audio input jack on the PC, and have your station's songs going threw that. all i can think...sorry

4. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

http://www.shoutcast.com/support/docs/
    My fee is a bottle of Smirnoff :D
    that should work. Friend set up one like that. Godlfish... hes on thsi site.
    Anyway i think that should help you a lot. if you need anything else just say so..

5. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Sorry to keep addign but if they want to use that PC as a server i'd sujest upghrading to 512+ ram. otherwise it would get bogged down when a lot of peopel tune in

6. Bandit

Bandit Private E-2

No, that no the case, its more simple, yest a signal out. I want to hear my songs that Im sending and progessing from there.
    We want to know how to start. shoutcast seems to be dificult to make it play music from a standardaloene CD or cassetteplayer.
    Or that? Is it good live?

7. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Can't say i've used it. sorry. Friend has set it up to stream what ever his WinAmp is playing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds