RADIUS authentication

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MKorostoff, Aug 1, 2006.

1. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

Hey all, I was thinking of setting up a RADIUS server for my wireless network on a spare computer running Damn Small Linux with freeRADIUS (only the server is linux, the rest of the network is windows and mac). My router is a netgear WGR614 v6. The online manual makes repeated refference to RADIUS capabilities. My current router setup page does not include an option for WPA2. The manual references are always accompanied by references to the WPA2 protocal. Fair enough. My instinct says "upgrade the firmware" but I'm not sure.

Also, I don't know if my network card will support WPA2, and I don't know how to find out. To be precise, I don't know how to find out my exact wireless card is, beyond what i see in my device manager.

So, my two questions are:
    1. If I am running my own RADIUS server (as opposed to a remote one), do I need to upgrade the firmware and enabled WPA2 on my router and if so...
    2. How do I make sure that my wireless card can support WPA2?

Thanks in advance.

2. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

Anyone? Any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds