Raedon 9800 gone wild!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Serondal, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Serondal

Serondal Private E-2

Hello folks, I first posted this help request in software because I thought something had gone wrong with my software, but now I beleive it is my graphix card. A few days back while playing a game my graphics went wild, and now I'm stuck with crazy graphical curroption that runs through all aspects of my computer. I've posted screen shots and my dxdiag if anyone wants to take a stab at it. While messing around I some how disabled my graphic's card's ability to render 3d images, which caused the lines ect to go away totally. When I checked DXDiag it showed my GFX card had 0 ram and was unable to do Direct3d. After restarting my computer the card is working again and the purple/green lines are back. Anyone have any idea what I could do to fix this sort of problem short of buying a brand new card? Also, is this really a problem with my card or could it be something else? Geek squad wants me to pay something on the order of 200 dollars to fix the comp, I'd rather throw it away than pay them ;)

2. Serondal

Serondal Private E-2

uploaded the picture of my problem as well as dxdiag, sorry forgot to before.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds