RAID 0 setup finally failed.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Prophets21, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

After 6 months to a year of normal operation, one of my Maxtor Diamondmax 10 80gb 8mb cache drives failed today.

It was so nice having RAID 0 but I'm switching back to a single drive now. :mad:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Rotten luck their Prophets, but sadly one of the chances you take with Raid0, did the drive completly crash and die or just ended up corrupt and can still be formatted and used?

and to appease the Raid0 fans, I have had a raid0 array running sucessfully for 3yrs+ ( kiss of death now I've mentioned that I know ).

3. Prophets21

I really don't know. I am having a problem now, I can't get XP setup to recognise the drives, even after going into the RAID setup (CTRL+I @ boot) and deleting the volume and resetting the disks.

4. Prophets21

Actually don't worry I've gone in the BIOS.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Do you have the SATA drivers on floppy as you will need them at the point it asks you to HIT F6 to install 3rd party SCSI or Raid drivers.

also check your normal Bios not the Raid bios to check that your not booting to Raid.

EDIT: ok cool :)

6. Prophets21

It's recognised both the drives.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds