RamSinks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-15281db623, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

I want to put some ramsinks on my 9800pro. I was looking at these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3673&item=3494723028&rd=1

I notice they had tape allready on them. Should i disgard the tape and use some kind of adheisive from artic silver? What do u reccomend?

Also if i ran into a problem with the card and had to send it back how would i take the sinks off? Would it be hard, could i damage the card?

Thanks

:cool:

cooked

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

imo, the thermal tape should be just fine. and if you use the tape, you should be able to peel it off w/o any problems.

3. Anon-15281db623

Thanks acejones,

I went to arctic silver's web site to look at there adheisive and they said it would be on for ever. :( so it looks like ill just stick with the tape. :)

Thanks

cooked

4. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Yea best to stick ( pardon the pun ) with the tape. I used Artic Silver adhesive on a GeForce3 card & almost distroyed it getting them off again.

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

My friend ALMOST used the adhesive on his CPU. Luckily I told him not to before he went ahead and *glued* his CPU to a crappy heatsink.

Tape is fine for heat-spreaders/heatsinks for ram, GPU memory, and SOME chipsets that don't get really hot. For anything else, I'd go for thermal epoxy.

6. Anon-15281db623

Hey thanks everyone! Ill be sure to stay away from the Arctic silever in this case :)

cooked

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds