Ran CCleaner & now can't download. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by ladyharley99, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ladyharley99

ladyharley99 Private First Class

I was doing the "cleaning your PC"... & ran the CCleaner as advised by the thread... Then went to try to see if my Java was updated & was able to start the download & all... & it seemed like it downloaded... HOWEVER, it did not run the "checking for viruses" (from Firefox, I thought) as it normally does AND it did not appear in my download list. (Even though I received the pop up saying all files had downloaded.)

So, I tried to do it with a couple other things listed here in MajorGeeks... & still the same thing.

ALSO, now my AVG is not working properly either. :banghead

So, please HELP what did I do or what did CCleaner remove that shouldn't have been removed. :confused

Do you need me to run something to give you a log? Please advise. Thank you! :)

2. ladyharley99

argh! Now I see my AVG is completely gone... Going to re-install... & then I'll try the downloading again & will let you know if that's what the problems was.

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi LH, Be sure to check CCleaner for what is checked, before you click CLEAN. I am assuming you were cleaning, and something may have been checked below the box, and I know that because I had to scroll down on mine to see all the boxes... Hope all works out.. Hang in there! ;)

Do you have AVG 8.5? I was looking to download that in Dec.. My neighbor has it, and never had a problem with it.. Do keep us posted.

4. ladyharley99

Sorry all... I think I fixed it. I think that I inadvertently deleted AVG when I ran CCleaner.

I reinstalled it & was able to update my Java. So, I think all is good now.

I'll post again if I have any other problems. Thanks all :)

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

....and does not help the original poster with their problem, as DomLuc stated. Please stick to what the original poster is asking, rather than giving your opinion on what they are using.

6. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

That is wonderful to hear, LH.. Yes, you must check to see just what is checked before cleaning.. ;) Always good to do a double-check before cleaning..... I do that myself, so as not to mistakenly remove something I want to keep..... ;)

7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Ok, since you seem to think you know anti-virus and want to argue with site owners and established members, your now temporarily banned. Work on your social skills (coming from me, that's pretty sad) and more importantly, your not experienced enough to be giving advice here. When your ban is lifted, if your still here, you would be advised to read and learn more before posting.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds