Random Blue Screen re-boots

Discussion in 'Software' started by Klaatu7, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Klaatu7

Klaatu7 Private E-2

Over the last 6 months my computer has done a bluescreen/re-boot 3 or 4 times. When I check the event viewer I get the message: Fault Bucket X64_OxA_USBPORT!USBPORT!_Core_:CompleteDoneTransfer+45f,type 0 Event Name: Blue Screen Response: Not Available Log Name: Application, Source: Windows Error Reporting, Event ID: 1001 Task Category. None, Level: Information, User: N/A. When I go to Event log online help I get the message Product Version 6.1.7600.16385, Event ID: 1001, Locale ID: 2057, No results found for your query. When the system re-boots everything seems normal nothing seems to have been lost and the computer goes back to the page or application I was using before the incident occurred. I am running a 500gb 4gb RAM Pentium Dual Core E5200 @2.50ghz with Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. As I said, the computer seems fine on re-boot and this has only happened about 3 or 4 times in the last six months (5/1/11 @00:13, 9/1/11 @14:09, 14/1/11 @3:42, 19/1/11 @17:39), and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the timing of it. Can anyone shed any light on this, should I be worried about it. I don't like this Blue Screen thing !

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks by any device? please name them if you have any.

What USB devices do you haev plugged in and if you remove them does the same BSOD happen?

One possible is that Power Saving on the USB port is causing this so in Device Manager open up the Universal Serial Bus branch and in all USB HUB devices right click and choose Properties then the Power Management tab and untikc the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and see if this helps.

3. Klaatu7

Klaatu7 Private E-2

No Yellow marks of any kind in device manager, the event viewer stated USBPORT! and the only things plugged in at the time were the printer and scanner (which were both turned off), the mouse, and an external hard drive which was on at the time, I thought it might be that.........................scratch that......it's just happened again while typing this and the external is not plugged in.........the computer has re-booted and Firefox has restarted and gone straight to the page where I left off when I was typing this post and the cursor and text that I typed was still there, and I just checked the event viewer and it says the same thing I already posted. This is strange, the computer seems to running ok and I have lost no data that I'm aware of so I'm not sure how serious this is ! I should also mention that an unexpected shutdown report window comes up on re-boot and I click on send report and the report is sent......as far as I know !

4. Klaatu7

Klaatu7 Private E-2

It’s just happened again……….and this came up

Additional information about the problem
    BCCODE: a
    BCP1: FFFFF8800E075FF8
    BCP2: 0000000000000002
    BCP3: 0000000000000001
    BCP4: FFFFF8000341002E
    O.S.Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem
    C:\windows\minidump\012411-50528-01.dmp
    C:\users\my name\app data\local\temp\WER-134613-0.sysdata.xml

Can anyone shed any light on this ?

5. thomas_nuffan

thomas_nuffan Private First Class

I also like to use a program called "who crashed me" which analizes BSOD dump files.

you can download it here

6. Klaatu7

Klaatu7 Private E-2

I used WhoCrashed and this is the report I got...

On Mon 24/01/2011 20:04:11 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012411-50528-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x1D02E)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF8800E075FF8, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8000341002E)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 24/01/2011 20:04:11 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: af15bda.sys (AF15BDA+0x2361)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF8800E075FF8, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8000341002E)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\af15bda.sys
    product: AF9015 BDA Driver for USB Device
    company: AfaTech
    description: AF9015 BDA Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: af15bda.sys (AF9015 BDA Driver , AfaTech ).
    Google query: af15bda.sys AfaTech IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

and
    That says the probable cause and the driver that is causing it.

Do you have a USB TV stick?

8. plodr

9. Klaatu7

Klaatu7 Private E-2

Don't have a USB TV Stick, but I do have KWorld Digital TV Tuner Software installed which I never use........could it be that ?

10. plodr

If I took a guess, I'd say yes. It won't hurt to remove the hardware and the associated program and driver.

11. Klaatu7

Klaatu7 Private E-2

Well, I've just uninstalled KWorld Digital TV Tuner software. Let's see if anything changes.........one thing though, when I restarted the computer a notification came up saying windows is searching for updates to DVB T 2, then installing device driver software, then AF9015 BDA device ready to use. How can that be if I've uninstalled it ?

12. plodr

Well, the uninstall might not have removed the updater. That is either running at startup or as a scheduled task.
    What startup things do you see?

13. Klaatu7

Klaatu7 Private E-2

Not at start up or as a scheduled task........will have to wait to see if it happens again !

14. Klaatu7

Klaatu7 Private E-2

Well.......it just happened again...........I'm at a loss now !!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds