Random EPS files becoming corrupted

Discussion in 'Software' started by gnomes, Dec 18, 2006.

1. gnomes

gnomes Private E-2

I'm having a bit of a problem that's causing me a lot of stress. EPS files are randomly becoming corrupted, where they were working before a few days ago.

I've tried all the diagnostic measures outlined in the READ ME post and I'm coming up with nothing. They don't show anything out of the ordinary and no worms were found. I had Norton running and it hadn't picked up anything. I uninstalled Norton and did the diagnostic.

I'm at a loss. I don't know why this is happening. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

The strange thing that happened just prior to this: my e: and f: drives on a separate hard drive from where my OS and apps are running -- I had this error and I couldn't get into a certain folder at all. I rebooted and let it run through chkdsk and then I could see it again. The same thing happened with the entire f: drive (which is a separate partition on the same disk). I rebooted again and Windows ran chkdsk and then I could see the drive again.

Both times, it said that some errors were fixed and I could see and go into all folders now. But, certain EPS files are corrupt.

And, with certain files, Indesign's kicking me out.

Any ideas on what I should be looking for? I'm not even sure where to start.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds