Random ISP connection question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lev, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I use Netzero dial up and recently they have upgraded the software to V8.0 Unfortunately my PC hates V8.0 and will only run effectively with V7.0 but my PC keeps auto upgarding to V8.0

The other 2 PCs in the house do not auto-upgrade and are still happily functioning on V7.0. I have to keep uninstalling V8.0 and re-installing my old V7.0 to keep connected. It is so frustrating.

As the other PC's don't do this I am assuming there is so some auto-update feature I need to disable, but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas anyone? Netzero support has been useless on this.

It would have to be MY computer, wouldn't it!! The most disfunctional one in the house....I'm sure it is ADHD or even MPD affected! I'm gonna treat myself to a total new OS soon *grins*. Spares or repairs anyone??? Hehe

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

have you checked the registry run hives to see if its located as a startup their, alot of software add version checking apps their?

two ways you can check are via MS Config > Startups

or

using something like Regcleaner as it has a startup section which lists all registry startups. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Thanks Halo......I disabled one Netzero startup in msconfig...time will tell if it is that I guess :)

Sorry Admin.....maybe we should have a new forum called Crapware, because I didn't think to post this one in the Software forum as it barely resembles software :p

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Yesterday, I fixed a machine that had many issues (tons of spyware and viruses). Though, I saw that netzero was installed. I removed all entries in the startup for netzero, and netzero works flawlessly. Have yet to hear any complaints from the user......

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds