1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random words hyperlinked

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by MaryC, Nov 5, 2005.

1. MaryC

MaryC Private E-2

Hello - I believe I have a browser hijack. I had this problem once before and you were able to help me fix it. I have updated and run: CCleaner, AdAware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Microsoft AntiSpyware, CWShredder, Kill2Me. And still random words on certain sites, emails, that should NOT be hyperlinked, are hyperlinked.

I did not run Norton AntiVirus though - should I? Should I run it in safe mode?

My Hijack This log is attached.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Attached Files:

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Your log shows no signs of an infection or Hijacker.

If you are refering to words on a page that are underlined; then this is normal. Words that are underlined are ads, that are displayed by sites to generate revenue for the site.