Rate build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pclover, Sep 18, 2009.

1. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Mobo looks crippled. will look tomm.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Your case has a side mounted hard drive cage like my CM690 and I found that the TX750W cables do not like to bend 90 degrees and being squashed by the side panel and it doesn't have any L connectors plus the cables are made for a regular tower and are 2 inches longer and thick, makes for a mess though I do like the PSU itself, very quiet. I'd change the case to have a front to back HDD cage with a nook next to the side panel where you could tuck cables in.

4. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Well, it's not that easy at all to break things the way they are built these days as long as one reads the manual and doesn't use a hammer or saw to 'fit' things in.:-D Your specs were better but it's his money in the end. Looks OK to me apart from not knowing the parts they're using. I'd shop around a bit more first.

6. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I talked to him again he want's to go I7 as it's newer and better with a GTX 275

Here is what he want's from Ibuypower

7. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

What brand is that PSU? If you're going to spend that amount of money, I'd suggest you find out how the PSU is warranted, and who made it. Never skimp on the power supply.

8. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

9. Mimsy

I got bored, so I poked around on the ibuypower website and found the user forums and looked through them. :)

From what I can tell, they use a lot of Thermaltake and Corsair power supplies, which are two very good brands. When you put the build together, pick a PSU from one of those companies, and you'll be set. It may cost a little more, but once again, you really don't want to skimp on your PSU. It's easily the most important component... when it goes out, it can very easily take other components with it, so you want to get a good one.

10. Dacads

Dacads Corporal

11. Mimsy

Absolutely not. I bought a computer from them once and it was the WORST customer service experience and over-all experience of a company that I have ever had.

They had to be forced to honor their warranty, the workmanship and quality control was abysmal, and I would rather pay twice the amount of money for the same system anywhere else than buy anything from CyberpowerPC again.

12. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Thank you Mimsy

My friend bough a similar build I mentioned from ibuypower custom build.

Not sure what He got but I will ask him

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds