Rate this upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by disk00, Feb 24, 2010.

1. disk00

disk00 Private E-2

Wow, I don't know if this is in the correct section...uhm well if its not will a mod please move it plzty<3

Anyways, for the longest time, the best computer I've had, was a dell dimension 2400 .... I hated it, its really not good for gaming, lol and the celeron just isn't great. Then for the last...4 years? I've been on a Pentium 4 HT , and oh my god the performance difference was incredible.

Its a rate the upgrade cause, well i went from....
    2.4ghz P4 with HT 32-bit Windows XP home
    3gigs DDR1
    512 mb agp ATI card

To a..
    Intel core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40ghz x 4 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate (OEM)
    4gig DDR2
    ATI card with 1gig GDDR3 memory
    ( oh and the Index scores are )

Before you say, that's not that great, cause of the new Core i7 and the other new ones but, look at it from my perspective. Ive never had anything higher then a P4, and those are ancient now. I went from a Single core snail, to a quad core monster ( that's how i look at it, this thing still goes so fast i cant keep up with it )

rate.. 1~10 10 being awesome, 1 being super bad

( sorry again if this is in the wrong section, or against the rules..xD )

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I think it's a good rig mainly because I have the same one too except I have a pair of 9800GTs in there. I also followed your upgrade route as that was the least costliest, only upgrade when technology makes a substantial leap, not in buying a faster quad CPU as in my case. Ignoring the i7, I'd give your machine an 8/10.

3. disk00

disk00 Private E-2

I need to look up how to OC my CPU, my friend has an almost identical build, same mobo and everything, but his CPU is OC'd to like 3ghz per core

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds