Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard Macro not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nanquan, Nov 22, 2011.

1. nanquan

nanquan Private E-2

I know this is a long shot, but since Razer don't have an official support forum, and since their tech support said categorically they don't offer support with regards to creating macros as a matter of policy for some reason, I'm hoping maybe someone here could help.

I just bought the Razer Arctosa gaming keyboard, with macro programmable keys feature. Unfortunately I can't seem to get any macros to work.

I use the included driver software (ver 1.0) to program some simple macro function. Example: I want F12 key to run Notepad. I click on apply/ok, and then try it out. Nothing happens. I try a different key, again, nothing happens. I even tried the "Disable Key" feature just to see if it would work (in case I somehow messed up setting up the macro), and even then - nothing happens (i.e. the key is not disabled, works normally).

It seems as if the driver software is not communicating with the keyboard at all. Changes you make via the driver software don't affect it in any way.

Does anyone know what's wrong here? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!!

Sys Specs:
    Core i5 760 @4GHz, 4GB RAM @1600MHz, ASUS GTX 580, OCZ Vertex3 120GB SSD, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

2. nanquan

nanquan Private E-2

UPDATE:

I managed to resolve this issue on my own! Apparently there was some problem with the driver installation. Even thought I did a normal install, it didn't install properly for some reason.

I went into Device Manager, uninstalled the "HID Keyboard Device" driver, uninstalled the Razer Driver software, downloaded it again from the Razer website (previously I used the CD to install the driver, don't know if that had anything to do with it). Restarted my computer, and reinstalled the Razer drivers from the file I downloaded. After that restarted again, and now macros work perfectly! Hooray!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds