RCA 1702 MP 3 Payer HELP!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by bladesgirl, Jan 16, 2011.

1. bladesgirl

bladesgirl Private E-2

My daughter D/L 'ed a song from a friends computer, the player worked fine. When she replaced the battery It came on and no files are on the unit. Her friends computer was found to have a virus...Is it possible this virus could have wiped the player? NOTHING works on it, no songs, no radio. I don't want to try and attach this to my system ( apparently there is no files on it ) and possibly get infected. I just don't think I can do anything with it...any help would be nice, but I think I will have to buy a new one..HELP

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Did you try the update/restore utility. One of my kids had one with the same problem and I ran the update/restore utility to fix it. If you don't have the CD packaged with the player, here is the RCA web page with all the downloads available.
    http://rcaaudiovideo.com/search/?sku=TH1702#tabs-4

3. bladesgirl

bladesgirl Private E-2

Thank you so much, is there a virus threat to my system? I know a dumb question but just don't know.........

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its possible a virus could jump to a mediaplayer, but its not very common at all as most media mp3 players use proprietory software and do not use a windows based system to control the music, personally if your PC has upto date Antivirus software and you wish this media player to work again, the only solution is as Just Playin posted in a restore.

5. bladesgirl

bladesgirl Private E-2

Thank you all so very much!! Better safe than sorry. I know where to come if I get in a jam...Thanks again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds