re AGP Video Card Installation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gilloo, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Gilloo

Gilloo Private E-2

Hey there
    Hoping someone can help us, we are having a heck of a time getting things right
    We, my niece and I, are not "really" computer literate, me better than her thru the web searchs..lol but am still learning as I go
    sooooo with that said

heres the problems we have encountered

she bought a new video card to increase the Display Memory to enable her to play more recent games, like CSI , and the Sims

I have attached what dxdiag gave us as a report

I removed the old video card, snapped in the new one, ran the CD that came with the new hardware
    all seemed hunky dorey

we even tested a few games to see How they ran, they ran properly and wwwway faster

BUT later when she was playing a CSI game, her computer all of a sudden REBOOTED and when Windows was loaded again the little bubble saying "new hardware detected" came up

so Now what???

THANKS in advance

Attached Files:

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

ATI normally update DirectX with the installion CD.
    Your ATI installations seems OK and fairly recent (mid2007), but ATI cards & software often need updating even straight out of the box.

Which game is missing its file?

look here for help

http://www.u.arizona.edu/~trw/games/ports.htm

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds