Re-install original Fonts on Vista?

Discussion in 'Software' started by xhayatox, Dec 8, 2011.

1. xhayatox

xhayatox Private First Class

Ok, so I accidentally removed some Windows fonts from my Fonts directory, and now some software on my computer isn't running properly. Is there a way to restore all my original default fonts that came with my computer? Can somebody tell me how?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Restore to a time before you removed the system fonts.

3. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Re: How to re-install Vista fonts.

I would first recommend that you try a system restore first. If you do a system restore, back up everything that was added to the desktop from that date. Virus definitions will have to be updated also.

If that does not work try the following. I have not done this so I am not sure if it will work or not.

The Winsxs folder in Vista stores backups of fonts. This may restore fonts you previously deleted that were not wanted.

Go to Control Panel and change it to Classic View (Upper Left). Open the Fonts folder and right click on an empty area and select install. It will prompt for a location. Browse to C:\Windows\winsxs and then press install.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds