Re-installling Windows 7 "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing..." error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-1639f0b896, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Anon-1639f0b896

Anon-1639f0b896 Anonymized

I am attempting to re-install Windows 7 Home Premium, but I get this:

A required CD/DVD device driver is missing. I f you have a driver floppy disk, CD/DVD or USN Drive, please insert it now.

From searching online, people said to download the last ITE IT8211 ATA ATAPI Controller, putting that on a flash drive, and directing the installer to that. I am having a difficult time finding it and making sure its the right version.

Assuming that it is the correct version, the Windows 7 installer isn't recognizing it. I'm not sure what else to do. The only thing else I read was that having RAID 1 could cause problems.

Here is basic information about the computer:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    ASUS M4A89 Series
    AMD Athlon II X40 640 Processor
    ATI Radeon HP 4290

If someone could give me a link to the most current 64 bit ITE IT8211 ATA ATAPI Controller so I can make sure that isn't the problem, that would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Can't help with the controller but are you installing via USB?

3. Anon-1639f0b896

Anon-1639f0b896 Anonymized

I was installing using a DVD. But I'm an idiot. It wanted the RAID drivers, since the ones I needed aren't standard. Even though I put them on the flash drive, it still didn't work. So I just got rid of RAID and it worked fine.

But thanks for willing to help out!

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks for the feedback. I am not that familiar with raid installs. How would you resolve this? Install the Raid drivers after the complete install?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds