RE: Jerky video during DVD playback

Discussion in 'Software' started by onelargeprawn, Apr 8, 2005.

1. onelargeprawn

onelargeprawn Private E-2

Hi,

My computer is an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ with 1GB RAM. I have a Jetway N2GAP motherboard with an nvidia nForce2 integrated graphics processor. And I am running Windows XP SP1.

Sometimes when I am watching a DVD that has been backed up to my hard disk, every 10 seconds or so, the picture kind of seizes, and then speeds up to catch up with the audio. And when I am playing games, the screen also freezes for a second or two and then resumes.

What could be casuing the problem, and could anyone help me resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. SGC_Geek

SGC_Geek Private First Class

Have you considered purchasing an actual video card and disabling the on-board video device?

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Have you tried shutting down some of the other non-essential processes running in the background while playing the DVD/game?

4. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

Do the movies play well from DVD drive?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds