Re: Large Mpeg file copied to two VCDs, how to split?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pozzydrive, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi all, I'm currently editing a home digitally recorded video, using Pinnacle studio 8, I've done all of the work and saved it in Mpeg format, normally the files are only 200/400 Mb, however this particular one is 896 Mb I usually use Roxio Cd creator 5 to make a VCD, but the size of the file prevents me from saving that onto only one disc, does anyone know if there is a facility in Roxio to allow splitting the film into two and saving it to two seperate discs, as I cannot find it, it would have been easier if i had of saved it in AVi format and then used AViVCD by John Schlichther as I believe this application allows this to be done after changing over to Mpeg, however I've already saved it as an Mpeg file, I also tried file splitter that worked in a way as the first half of the film downloaded to VCD via Roxio, but Roxio would not accept the second half for some reason, any help would be appreciated, thankyou.

2. David983es

David983es Private First Class

I use TMPGEnc as a mpg editor. The link is to the freeware version. There is also a pay version.

In the File menu, click on MPEG tools, it opens a new window that has various editing functions for mpg files.

In the merge and cut section, you can cut the file in multiple parts. Remember to select the proper type for the re-encode of the file.

3. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Re: Mpeg

Thankyou very much David, I might even end up in Southern Spain, sound nice.

4. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Re: TMPGEnc

That worked a treat, fairly easy to use, thankyou.

5. David983es

David983es Private First Class

Glad you found it usefull.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds