Re: Spell check keeps reverting to U.S. standard

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pozzydrive, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi just found a problem when in Word, I was typing away and noticed a word was underlined in red, I knew the spelling was correct so tried spell check and noticed on the bottom of the page (Task bar) that English U.S. was selected, I went to the control panel/Lanuages and regional, however in there English UK was selected, so my question is, is there somewhere else that needs ticked or is there something I've missed.

2. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

In Word select Tools/Language/Set Language... This will bring up a dialog in which you can set/select your preferred language and set the default language. This setting will affect all new documents based on the standard Word template Normal.DOT.

3. 44039

44039 Private First Class

So what you are saying is that Americans can't spell?????

Here's one that I don't get. Go to weather.com, put in a zip code to get local weather. At the bottom, you have an option to select "English Units" or Metric Units!

Scott
    http://www.AAApcMechanic.com

4. Frodo

Frodo Private E-2

Pozzydrive,

Open Word and then go to TOOLS > LANGUAGE > SET LANGUAGE Select the language you want and click DEFAULT

That should do it for you

5. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Max and Frodo thanks for that, will give it a try.

6. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

No offence intended, however

7. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

I've been experiencing the same annoyance and the solution suggested in this thread has not helped. It keeps going back to the American spell checker.

Can someone suggest something else, please?

8. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds