Real, not virtual, help needed.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grc123, Feb 7, 2008.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Hello. I feel like some sort of maniac for posting this here, but I don't know where else to go. I need help folks. Real help.

I am desperately trying to find work on the internet. Due to not one, but two, recent disabilities (NOT "IN" nor UN-abilities!!!) I need to find some sort of "work-at" or "work-from" home type of job. There "seem" to be some "real" opportunities out here, and I'm trying to sort through them, but I am not real sure about my tech saavy or computer/internet prowess. In fact, I've been trying for a couple of weeks - to no avail. I'm certain of the sites - it's not the sites - it's me. I have a friend who has made money on one of the sites, but he is in FL, travels a great deal for business, and is not really able to help me - at this time - and time is of the essence for me right now.

Does ANYONE know of a site or place that might be able to help me with this? I need someone who is rather patient - I tended to be a slow learner before all of this (though usually once I "get it", have done well with it), but now am even further slowed/confused/etc. I have bills to pay (they stack-up VERY fast), and a six year-old child to provide for, and I am scared out of my mind. It's been suggested that I apply for social security disability, but I've heard HORROR stories of people waiting YEARS for that - and then sometimes STILL being turned-down. I don't know what I am going to do if I don't get something going (start making some sort of money) in the next few days. I'm actually thinking that if I commit suicide, well, then social security will kick-in for my son, and all will be well ... at least he will receive SOMETHING - more than I can give him, today.

please someone help me figure this out, if you can. I've never been one to "beg" - but I'm close to that now ... damned close ....

Best always,
    g
    PS - I'd put my email addy here but I'm not sure if that is a smart thing to do - in fact, I think not.

2. webnut

webnut Private E-2

If you think you are disabled, you should file for benefits from Social Security. They do approve some people the first time. And you can do part time self employment and still get approved for benefits.

I'm putting together a website about how to apply, take a look at it and let me know what you think.
    http://social-security-disability.org/

3. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Thank you - very much. I only briefly glanced at the site - but at first glance it looks GREAT! Nice job, you are quite talented, and I am sure you are providing a GREAT SERVICE to folks. Hopefully I will be included amongst those folks - I'm planning to spend some time this eve. on the site. I can already tell you, I have diagnos-ESE (plural?) from several different docs on several different health/medical conditions, or, "disabilities". And two of them in particular have been draining me for over 20 years - and have apparently finally "come home to roost".

Thanks again, I hope I may contact you if I have any questions about your site, or the info contained therein (?).

Best,
    glenn ...

4. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Hey again - I looked around the site, did some reading, but when I tried to leave a "comment", this was the error message I received (and I DID fill in all fields):WordPress

Error: Please press the back button and fill the required field for spam protection.

5. webnut

webnut Private E-2

Oh, sorry. I will have to try & fix it. I'm new to Wordpress, so not sure right off what's wrong.
    What was your question? I'll try to help from here till I figure it out.

6. webnut

webnut Private E-2

I think it's fixed now.

The site is not complete at all, but I figured you might need some encouragement. About 40% of people who apply are approved the first time. You might think that's not a very good chance, but the 60% who get denied includes things like a broken leg, high risk pregnancy, people who are newly diagnosed with something & panic. So if you eliminate the people who really are not totally disabled, the percent approved would be much higher.

7. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Well, I wish I had only "a" question. I have many.

I need to go through "the process" again. I "wrestled" with the SSA once before, about five or six years ago. I had an attorney, an older gentleman who was very experienced with these matters (in fact, several months after my case was "exhausted" [I suppose?], he went on to be an administrative judge for the "district" or "region" [or whatever it's called] in the area where he practiced, and where my case was heard) anyway ... he took the case on contingency (as I suppose they all do on these type cases?), but we lost. Now granted, there may have been a number of reasons why, but I am simply petrified to deal with them again. The experience was, in my opinion, rather tilted (biased), and humiliating. I felt as though I was allowed little or no dignity in the matter. Felt like I was begging or that they wanted me to beg. The mere thought of going through that again is painful.

Perhaps using the form you suggest on your site will make "the process" easier to go through.

Thank you for the site, and the link to it - I think you're doing a wonderful service.

Best,
    glenn

8. Lollyde

Lollyde Private E-2

Hi there,
    It sounds like you are getting some guidance on applying for SSDI and that is wonderful. Yes, it is hard, and humiliating to tell some stranger at SS just how your disabilities affect your daily living, I cried most of the time I was filling out all of their papers, but then I'd take a deep breath and carry on. In the end it was all worth it though. Now, 9 years later, even though my body is a mess, I have security and peace of mind. Go for it and don't take no for an answer, if you need to appeal, appeal, appeal.

There are many other resources for people like us who have very little money and sick bodies. Medicaid can help with money, food assistance and medical supplies. Go to your state website and see what is available and start applying. Most states also have low cost medical clinics, ours are called "Family Health Centers". I went there for years until my Medicare kicked in, they saved my life. Most of these places charge on a sliding scale depending how much your income is, or free if you have no income. Thank God I had a big family who helped me until I could once again fend for myself.

Never give up, your son needs you in his life more than he needs a survivor's SS check. You can do this, and when it seems too hard to bare, just remember those who who have gone before you and succeeded. If I made it through, I know you can too. Wishing you strength..
    Lauren

9. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Thank you Lauren (and that's a beautiful name, it is the middle name of one of my daughters).

It helps when people share their stories as you have - it could make all the difference in the world ... and hopefully, will at least help me turn the tide on this situation. This is indeed, an embarrassing, humiliating, and undignified process. I need a little mini-miracle - and DO believe in them - I've experienced a few in my Life - so I am trying to hold-out for the possibility of yet another.

Thank you again, and may God Bless you.

Best,
    Glenn
    PS - does anyone know how I would fix it so that I could type data (text) into some forms that I've downloaded from the wonderful website: www.social-security-disability.org? I have them on my PC, but I can't seem to get the PC to let me type info into them (??).

10. Lollyde

Lollyde Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds