Really strange problem that has even ATT stumped

Discussion in 'Software' started by 1computerditz, Nov 12, 2012.

1. 1computerditz

1computerditz Private E-2

About a month ago I had a missed call from a friend, my phone never rang but I saw a missed call. There was a voicemail waiting for me, but when I retrieved it, it was as if someone was talking real time to someone else. The person was unknown, after he finished talking to the person on the other end, he then dialed another number, and the other parties voicemail picked up and had him leave a voicemail. He then called someone else and had another one way conversation ( I was unable to hear the person on the other line), I could not delete or save the voicemail, the only way for me to dis-connect was to end the call. I then check the voicemail again and my caller who originally tried to call me came in as a skipped message which I never listened to. This has now happened approx 6 times. I have called ATT Wireless and they were suppose to have a higher tech person call me and they never did, ( big surprise). Now, people who are calling me are getting my voicemail and having the same problem when they are put into my voicemail, save exact problem. When I spoke to the ATT rep again today she put me on hold and told me they don't know what is going on. The scary thing is, if I am hearing their calls, who is hearing my calls? It is not the same people I am hearing, and at one point, once one caller was done talking, an entire new caller came on. Any ideas as to what is going on??? I feel creeped out and so did the last two ATT reps I spoke to.

2. fuzzmanks

fuzzmanks Private E-2

By any chance was your phone number ported over to AT&T or did AT&T merge with a company that affected you? The reason I ask, is when Verizon merged with Alltel, one of our 5 phones had issues like you are having. Verizon's only solution was to change to a new phone number. Just a thought...

3. 1computerditz

1computerditz Private E-2

I have had the same wireless number for over 15 years, I do not want to change my number. I did have Verizon up until 4 years ago when I switched to ATT. This just started up out of the blue. Now, I am also getting conversations when I call someone and try to leave a voice message. It makes me wonder how many people's conversations are being heard by others, scary stuff.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds