realsched.exe startup issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by tritonobx, Feb 1, 2009.

1. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Running XP. Have set Real Player not to check for updates or messages, yet this executable is placed in startup by merely opening the Player. None of my startup control apps....HiJack This, Start-Up, or CCleaner are able to prevent this. Did not have the issue with previous version, only with latest11.0.0.544. The startup item can be killed but returns after each opening of RP. Bummer.

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Have you tried re-configuring RP?

Disable RealPlayer realsched.exe

3. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Have always set RP to not check for messages, same as now. As I said, the issue arose with this latest version.

4. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Resolved! By rolling back to version 11.0.0.477. Latest version appears to be buggish with realsched.exe.

5. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

I found a few links that talked about issues with the new version and realsched.exe. Some software really wants to make decisions for you...:mad

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds