Realtek AC'97 Audio driver, please help

Discussion in 'Software' started by firefighter, Mar 7, 2010.

1. firefighter

firefighter Private E-2

Hi, I have a refurbished computer. I just installed windows 7 and i have no sound. I tried to download a driver but even the automatic update and driver setup in windows could not help.

I'm stuck...Please help!!!

Thank you.

2. firefighter

firefighter Private E-2

I've included a report from Everest

Attached Files:

3. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

4. firefighter

firefighter Private E-2

Thank you for replying, I downloaded the link and opend it. I ran the setup application in the folder wich activated the inatall sheild, copyed and updated the realtek audio ac'97 but still no change??? not sure what to do now :(

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks? if so by what devices.

Could try installing the Intel Chipset HERE then reboot and then install the C-Media 9738 compatible driver from HERE (this one is ment to work ok, may need Winrar to unzip the package)

Could quite be possible that you are out of luck as iirc syntaxusa the makers of your motherboard have been out of business for a while and their may not be available drivers for that sound chip for a board thats likely (correct me if wrong) over 4yrs old for Windows 7, as audio drivers are the fussiest of the lot.

Did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor before installing Windows 7 to check on potential issues?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds