Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by zaneoblaneo, Jul 27, 2013.

1. zaneoblaneo

zaneoblaneo Private E-2

I am experienceing a problem finding and installing the realtek AC'97 audio driver for Windows XP pro. My audio card info is

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_01D51028&REV_02
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_01D51028
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&CC_0401

the Audio device is named "Multimedia Audio Controller" in device manager and is located in "Other Devices" (screenshot included)

Thanks,
    zaneoblaneo :major

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

We will also need your hardware specs and this comes mainly from if the PC was a pre-build as in Dell, HP, Acer etc then what is the make and model number, if it was a home build then what is the motherboard make and model?

If you dont know them then the below will help, please do follow the guide as written.

As it could be very likely you will need to install the Chipset driver for your motherboard as well, also at what Service Pack is your XP Pro at? (at least SP2 or SP3 is needed)

3. zaneoblaneo

zaneoblaneo Private E-2

My Speccy info will be included in an attachment if it decides to work this time.

Attached Files:

4. zaneoblaneo

zaneoblaneo Private E-2

The screenshot that i tried to include wouldnt attach so im going to retry attaching it :)

Attached Files:

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Cheers for the info, try the following in the order written.

Download all of these first and then follow the later install instructions:

Chipset
    Audio

Uninstall any Audio drivers you may previously have tried and then install the Chipset driver from above and reboot, then install the Audio driver from above and reboot and test audio.

6. littlebobbie

littlebobbie Private First Class

Re: Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver/I have the problem too!

My system is a Dell Precision 670 work station. I first installed a 32 bit Win Pro as I did not know it was 64 bit. When I decided to repurpose it, It came with no OS so I ordered a Dell re-install Win Pro 64bit. That installed fine but never could get things to run quite right. So I went back with Win Pro 32 bit. Runs smoother but still cannot get the sound or the wifi to connect. The wifi is not even recognized. I need to try it in a back USB slot. But right now that is out as this thing is heavy and I am on the weak side. I have to use a wireless USB receiver as the slot for the internal is crowded out by the huge video card....on viewing the manual I downloaded from Dell ( I had the service tag number) it shows AC97, Sound Blaster emulation. On Dell there was NO audio drivers at all listed for this model. I searched and the only thing I could find was the Realtek AC97 driver. Had to get it straight from Realtek as every other download was corrupted. I can get it to unzip and when it goes to applies the drivers, it freezes up and I get the blue screen. I cannot access the bios to disable shadowing or caching. I have the latest bios and there were no chip utilities listed. I am running 4 gig of Ram and have a 1TB hard drive in it. I am about ready to physically boot it! Attached is my Speccy

Attached Files:

7. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

In the future, should you post results from Speccy, please make sure to delete the Serial Number line in the Operating System area of the report to prevent an unscrupulous person from using it and messing with your activation/registration.

8. littlebobbie

littlebobbie Private First Class

thank you. I didn't notice it till after I posted and I don't know how to take it down and edit it. :cry

9. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Perhaps if you send a private message to DavidGP, a forum administrator, he can edit the attached Speccy report. There's no way you could.

Whenever we request that the Speccy report be attached, we always caution the person about the Serial number. Belarc Advisor also shows the Product Key near the end of the report. There is an app that shows the Product Key as a series of capital "X" and dashes but, unfortunately, I don't remember which one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds