Realtek AC'97 driver won't install in Win7?

Discussion in 'Software' started by vicz0r, Jan 12, 2014.

1. vicz0r

vicz0r Private E-2

I formatted my laptop from windows xp to windows 7 32-bit and the only problem I am facing is that the audio card is not working at all! The sound card I have is the Realtek AC'97 which used to work perfectly before.

I have tried EVERYTHING including:

- Going to Realtek's website and downloading the appropriate file for windows 7. I installed that file via normal windows install, via the device manager with manual install and also via the compatibility set to windows XP and then Windows Vista mode and of course nothing changed
    - I downloaded another driver also the Vinyl AC97 Codec Combo which was supposed to work for various sound cards and it still doesn't work

I really dont know what else to do. I think I have tried everything, but I was wondering if I could do something with updating the BIOS in order to fix this.

Btw the Hardware ID of this Multimedia Audio Controler ( It names itself like that when I am not having installed the AC97 Driver) is:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0059&SUBSYS_2052161F&...
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0059&SUBSYS_2052161F
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0059&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0059&CC_0401

PS. I read all the related threads regarding this problem but none worked.
    Thank you very much in advance

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds