Realtek AC97 sound on Vista - not recognised

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nicenic61, Aug 16, 2012.

1. nicenic61

nicenic61 Private E-2

Folks,

Running Vista Home Premium with a Realtek AC97 sound board.

The computer has recently failed to notice the AC97 and in device manager simply lists 'High definition audio device'. Trying to update or install the AC97 driver simply results in 'Windows has the most up to date driver'. If I try and force the AC97 driver install I get a Realtek error -0.0001

I've got and had the latest driver from my manufacturer's website for some time now, don't know why the AC97 is suddently not recognised. I've tried disabling, re-enabling etc. many times and Windows Updates but at the moment I'm stuck with my 'high definition audio device' and no AC97. Got sound, of course, just not with the best driver.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nick.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. nicenic61

nicenic61 Private E-2

Mr Major Sir,

Job sorted! May your God go with you. Now for that pesky ATI Radeon Xpress200 video driver.....

Nick.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds