Realtek Audio Driver is Missing or Corrupt Code 39

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shik, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Okay, im a kid so bare with me, idk what some stuff is. I had a virus wich disablede my internet and sound, i removed my windows xp sp3 and that fixed the internet problem, but there was still no sound, i installed sp3 just a minute ago and that didnt do anything. Before you tell me, heres what ive tried so far.

Reinstalled the drivers
    Reinstalled Windows XP SP3
    Installing that UAA thing
    Installing the drivers from Realtek.com
    Driver Max(didnt detect my sound driver)
    Searching all over google for a solution(failure)

Any help would be nice.

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

You have done well, so far, anyway.
    Can you let us know the make of your laptop/pc (is it a Dell, HP, COMPAQ, EMACHINE ETC: )
    Also if you can get the model number, usually on the rear of a pc, or, underneath a laptop, that will help, too.
    Soldier on, many people have trouble with sound drivers, young and old, and there will usually be someone to try to give help , or, advice - most of us are just old kids, and just coming on and asking is as adult as you can be.
    By letting us know as much as you can about your pc/laptop, we can look up more than many others, and with a little perseverence, we could just find you an answer.
    Sometimes the latest drivers do not work as well with one machine, as they do on another- sometimes the sound is through the modem driver, sometimes it is manufacturer specific.
    Come back and let us know.

3. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Thanx for responding, My computer is a Compaq i believe(it says so on the moniter and when i start it up) And the model number is MV720

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

To help further, if that does not help, download, and save Everest 220 from majorgeks, then run it , and it should identify the sound utility to enable you/us to find the driver -You say Realtek, but on this page , there are others listed, so, it will be useful to find out exactly which peice of equiptment it is.
    http://majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Free_Edition_d4181.html

All you do is install it, and let it start up- then read down the list at the side to find what your computer has.

I have to go now, getting late.
    Come back, and someone else might be able to help, if I am off-line

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  6. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Ok, thanx, ill try the first one and ill get back to you when its done to tell the result

EDIT: The first 1 didnt work, do i need to uninstall the driver first?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  7. Shik

Shik Private E-2

I tried the second one, i went to audio and realtek didnt show up, it said
    Device Description Type
    Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3] PCI
    So do i need this driver then?

8. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

9. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Didnt work it said this

Audio Driver for Intel® Desktop Board
    Product Detected : N/A
    Current Driver Installed :N/A
    This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>

10. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I recently encountered a sound problem on a PC (for an old lady). The device manager showed "no issues", different speakers didn't help. Everything looked fine!

I DL the latest audio drivers for her mobo but they wouldn't install.

Long story short, the driver had become corrupted but while it was still in place I could not reinstall the driver.

I had to:
    1. Remove the current driver via the device manager,
    2. clean up the registry using CCleaner Slim 2.33.1184
    3. Reboot the PC and the map the audio device to the driver I had DLed (saved on desktop).
    4. Sound

That was a recent experience I had and I would definitely be using CCleaner to remove any and all old audio drivers AFTER you have DL the specific ones you need.

Use EVEREST as baclogic posted to identify your motherboard make/model and get those audio drivers firstly.

If you are just a kid you have done an exceptional job of trying to resolve the issue.

11. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If you tried as boldeagle suggested, let us know how you got on.
    To help, a little, I will run through
    1/ Remove current driver via device manager.
    Right click on My Computer
    Left click manage
    Then click on device manager in the left hand side, this will change the right hand window in that box, and you will see the devices listed there
    Click on the little + sign next to sound video, and game controllers.
    This will now make a list of audio/sound apparatus visible.
    You may see some yellow triangles (warning signs) where drivers are not working properly.
    Double click on any of these , and nother little box will pop up, and there will be an option to remove, or, uninstall.
    Click remove/uninstall- on any that have the warning sign.
    Then click to restart your pcc.
    When it restarts, Windows will look for new drivers, and the window will come up saying'found new hardware'-
    As you are new to this- I suggest that instead of following the windows found new hardware wizard, you click to cancel, and close the wizard.
    Then go to the new driver, and run the new driver.

12. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Ok, i uninstalled it, then i ran that registry cleaner u talked about, and i had alot of issues so it fixed them. Then i rebooted my computer, it found the driver than asked me to find something called soundman, so i found it and it said reboot, so i did and still got a code 39 error.

Well i hope doing this works, ill try it out.

13. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I believe this should be the driver you need, if it offers , choose to Download to install your software / driver- this might sort it out better, you may also download and save the zip file, ( sp244946.exe) in case it is needed again

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-45392-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

If it does not direct you straight to the driver, then go herefirst

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/searchResults?tmp_qt=intel+audio+controller+XP&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

and click on the first driver for, or, just click below

ADI SoundMax AC97 Audio Driver for Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP
    » ADI SoundMax AC97 Audio Driver for Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XPThis SoftPaq contains the audio driver (NVIDIA chipsets) for the ADI SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio Controller. NOTES: For support of Intel ICH1 chipsets, download SoftPaq SP21180.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  14. Shik

Shik Private E-2

I got an error, it couldnt find the driver.

15. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  16. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Ok ill try it but where do i find Direct X? This no sound problem messes with my RPG Maker Program, when i open it it says failed to initialize direct x audio or something.

EDIT: I tried both of em, same error same messed up day. I think i NEED to use Realtek cuz other drivers dont help.

17. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

18. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Will installing it fix my sound problems?

19. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Dont bother answering, it didnt help. :-(

20. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Microsoft has a tool that might just help you, as this error 39 seems to cover more than one problem
    If you go to this page, a little window should pop up
    This is called microsoft fixit.Click the run now button, and it could well sort the problem out.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

There is another possibility, that I could offer you, as you have your XP disc, but try this one first.

Patience is the way forward- you are doing extremely well.
    Unfortunately we cannot always be here at the time you need us, but we will keep going, if you have the patience.

21. Shik

Shik Private E-2

I have my disk but i think its broken because i put it in both parts of the computer and it doesnt detect it when it starts up. Im on my windows 7 now so when ill tell you when i can get on my windows xp and try the link

22. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

To check if the xp DISC IS O.K,
    LEFT CLICK MY COMPUTER,
    AND LOOK AT THE ITEMS SHOWING- IF THE CD/DVD DRIVE SHOWS THE DISC, THEN IT IS READABLE, AND YOU CAN RIGHT CLICK THE CD/DVD DRIVE, AND CLICK THE OPTIONS/PROPERTIES TAG AND LOOK THROUGH THE OPTIONS TO OPEN/VIEW, OR WHATEVER TO SEE INTO THE CD
    I AM ON WINDOWS 7 AT THE MOMENT ,SO I CANNOT BE PRECISE RIGHT NOW.
    SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS- I DID NOT REALISE UNTIL I HAD NEARLY FINISHED, AND DID NOT WANT TO RE-WRITE IT ALL.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  23. Shik

Shik Private E-2

It didn work, any ways to fix it?

24. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You need to explain exactly what you see when you left click on My Computer. Just stating
    doesn't give any one much information to help you.

25. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Nothing happens, i just put it in and thats it.

26. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

When you lt click My Computer, you hould geta window that shows your drives
    Typical is
    Local disc 'C:'
    DVD, OR CD DRIVE 'D'

OR MORE LETTERS DEPENDING IF YOU HAVE A FLOPPY DRIVE, THAT MY BE 'E'

THE LETTERS MAY DIFFER, BUT THAT IS A TYPICAL LIST

Attached Files:

27. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Mine are F and G, now i know for sure that its the driver and not the speakers. I switched to a new pair and uninstalled Realtek from the add or remove programs list. so i rebooted and installed it, then i still got a code 39. And my Automatic Updates tries to update the driver but it fails.

28. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Well any other ideas? I tried everything, i downloaded direct x, reinstalling sp3, and microsoft fix it, nothing worked :cry

29. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Sorry I haven't gotten back, busy with work and study. Sadly it didn't fix it but it is important to keep it updated for video and or gaming.

30. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Well i installed it, this no sound thing is really annoying now :mad: I can barely do anything.

31. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Okay, anymore ideas? Plz, this is very annoying, and it limits what i can do on my pc.

32. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I think we might be misunderstanding you- Tell me- did you just re-install the update SP3, or, did you reinstall XP from scratch ? It makes a big difference.
    If you just reinstalled the XP3 update for your computer, then you really need to FORMAT AND REINSTALL XP from scratch, then update to XP SP3 as that could well be the problem -

33. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Another problem, its not that my XP SP2 Disk is broken, my pc cant read ANY disks at all. I downloaded SP3 from the microsoft website, is that a problem?

34. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No if you have the full standalone SP3 install package its no problem to install SP3 via that route.

35. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

As Halo says- no problem with the download.
    Proble with us trying not to confuse you too much, but as you are game to try.....
    To try to remedy the cd/dvd problem-- as you have tried so hard up to now- i

Have you had, or, now uninstalled In cd, or nero ?- these can cause problems with a dvd/cd rom.Otherwise when uninstalling ,reinstalling XPSP3, IT COULD HAVE CORRUPTED THEM.
    It may be that the upper and lower filters need to be removed from the registry key!
    Now , if you can do this very carefully, then you will acheive something a lot of adults find difficult- but when entering the registry, you must be very careful, as it can cause the computer to malfunction badly, if you do more than is stated.
    Click
    start > run and type in the box that comes up--
    regedit
    press enter
    You will see what is called the tree, on the left (a list of things that branch off to more, hence the tree reference).
    Look for this key first
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then each branch as follows
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Once you have opened the last folder, you should see two keys on the right hand side ("Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters") which you may select and then delete by right clicking and selecting "Delete".

If you are unable to find these registry keys, it may be that they do not exist on your system, so just close the registry box down.
    When you finish, restart the computer, and check the dvd/cd drivea gain.

IF YOU CAN GET IT TO RECOGNISE THE xp ORIGINAL cd , THEN YOU COULD TRY
    Start, Then click on run, and type in SFC /SCANNOW, (Note the space after sfc) WHICH COULD REPLACE THE CORRUPTED FILE.from your XP disc. Another little box will come up with a slow moving line and you would need to sit and click retry several times while it replaces windows files- takes a while to do, but if you get your cd/dvd drive working.............

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  36. Shik

Shik Private E-2

It says put in a SP3 Disk, i have SP2

37. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

You have at least now got it to recognise the disk- thats an improvement.
    If you have any thing to save- save to usb stick, or, cd, and I suggest you reformat, with your XP2 DISK.
    iF YOU PUT YOUR xp DISK IN THE DRIVE- ASSUMING YOU HAVE THE CERTIFICATE NUMBER ON THE BOTTOM- you can format and reinstall from scratch- come back and tell us if you want to do that, and we will explain.

38. Shik

Shik Private E-2

kk, but i love windows 7, so im gonna try to install that using the 4 gb usb methods, if that fails, then ill reformat.

39. Shik

Shik Private E-2

Kk, i got windows 7 now, but still no sound. i thought all hope was lost xD, but i added a device and it just cut on out of nowhere, this is solved with the bessings of windows 7 :Dl

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds