Realtek Audio failure again

Discussion in 'Software' started by AlexArt, Jul 20, 2009.

1. AlexArt

AlexArt Private E-2

Hi everybody,

I run Vista 64 on ASUS P6T Core i7 920.
    Everything was OK till yesterday.
    Yesterday I've updated BIOS,
    chipset and Realtek HD audio driver.
    Since that have no audio at all.
    Realtek audio manager posts message:...no audio devices plugged in...
    Device manager lists Realtek High definition audio and a.. 'device working
    properly..

So after numeros reinstallation new and old Realtek drivers I'm kinda
    gave up.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Alex

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you installed the Audio driver from ASUS for your motherboard? or the unified one from Realtek?

First off double check that the Windows Audio Service is not disabled, enter Services (just type services in the start search box) and look for Windows Audio Service and make sure its STARTED and its Startup Type is set to AUTOMATIC.

Also check in your BIOS that the onboard Audio is not disabled (its in the Advanced > Onboard Device Configuration menu), and if its not enabled, enable it and Save and Exit bios.

If that not fix this I would remove the Audio driver you have then reboot, run CCleaner and its cleaner and registry cleaner to cleanup any old references, reinstall the latest Chipset Driver from Intel, reboot and install the Audio driver from ASUS here (Version 5.10.0.5827/6.0.1.58 )

*make sure you get the x64 version, just choose Vista 64bit as your OS.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds