realtek audio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jormm14, Jun 10, 2011.

1. jormm14

jormm14 Private First Class

ok so i have a prob that happened to me about a month ago and for the life of me i cant find an answer on Google,

but i dont have computer speakers so i have been using a aux, cable to run from the green port in the back to a line-in to my stereo but its not working any more and neither is the green port in the front of my case,
    i used 2 sets of headphone for both front and back still nothing borrowed my friends PC speakers and no sound... so i have no idea how to fix this i have a 560ti gfx card that has HDMI so i moved my computer close to my tv to hook up dual monitors so i been useing the tv as my computer speakers but this have become very annoying so i was wondering how can i fix this?

Note: when i hook up headphones to either the front or back and turn the sound up to max i can hear a light static but when i click test i hear nothing but just the very quite static but i swear if i listen hard enough i can kinda hear the test sounds...

also i have done just about all i can think of i have checked the bios i have unistalled the driver many times and even did a role back on the driver nothing is working...

if u have questions ill answer and one last note i have checked the mixer everything is on max nothing is turned down and my tv has been disabled as a sound source im just stumbed

THANKS in advance!

antec p182b case
    abit IP35Pro
    intel Xeon E3110
    4gigs A-data ram
    1TB seagate HDD
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 TI

2. starwiper

starwiper Private E-2

Hey,
    i had a simular problem a few weeks ago, but it was my build in hardware
    What was my problem was that it wouldnt send a signal to my stero aswell, What i found out was wrong was another program interfering with it, more specifically a program to make my Mbox (which is like an external sound card for a program), well make it a sound card, after i did that i couldnt send signals to my pc via mic, or send any from the pc to other devices because it changed the registry and re routed the signals
    the only thing i can think of would be to think about any programs that might be interfeering with them, was there anything werid that oy did or was happening before that happened?
    and i dont know about realtek hardware but im guessing its a build in device?
    its not the ports themselfs, because you have tried both sides
    but because you said that you hooked your tv up via hdmi and send audio through it, could mayme mean that your sound device inside the computer has decided to die?

3. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi Jormm,

First, when a device starts to give problems reboot. If no help then remove the device from Device Manager and reboot. Windoze will reload the drivers and maybe fix what is wrong. Works most of the time. If not then go to work on it.

Good Luck, Jim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds