Realtek HD Audio Manager Install Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dirty Rogue, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Dirty Rogue

Dirty Rogue Private E-2

Hi,

Having searched, found and indeed read the topics already on this site with reagrds to the Realtek HD Audio manager, i am having major problems.

I have a Gateway MT6220B Notebook. It previously had vista on it but i have recently updated to Windows 7 Ultimate edition. I have done all the windows updates etc and i have no problems with it at all. However, i want to be able to put Realtek on it. I've now tried around 20 times but so far i have not succeeded.

I went to the Realtek page and downloaded the driver. That downloads ok and then i try to install it. Thing is, when i run it, it seems to install fine as it does it's thing and then asks me to reboot. However, when i reboot Realtek is not installed at all. I go to Program files and see there is a Realtek folder but all that's in there is the Drivers folder and the InstallShield folder, no actual program at all.

I really can't work out what's going on and any help would be hugely appreciated.

Please go easy on me, the most simple language you can use with me the better as it will save me asking more.

Many thanks :)

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi Dirty Rogue and welcome to MG's,

Your system actually needs a sigmatel audio driver.... the original that was installed on your vista OS will work perfectly well with win7 OS....

Download and install following the prompts then restart your machine, it is important that you restart your machine as it needs to recognise the changes before the driver will take effect......

http://global-download.gateway.com/...id=634164039356130520&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=MT SERIES&Step3=MT6220&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=GATEWAY&SC=PA_6G

let me know how you get on ;)

3. Dirty Rogue

Dirty Rogue Private E-2

Howdy,

Many thanks for your reply. Do you mean i need the Sigmatel INSTEAD of the Realtek HD audio manager?

The main reason i wanted Realtek is this. I'm a promoter and have started taking my laptop to shows and recording from the soundboard. Thing is, the recordings keep clipping (i use cool edit pro) so i need to adjust the recording levels but my soundcrad doesn't seem to have a 'stereo mix' where i can adjust the levels. I know Realtek does have this and so my problem will be sorted.

Will Sigmatel be able to do this do you know?

Thanks again, appreciate your help. :)

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    Regardless of wether the driver comes with the required componant(or not!!) that you need, it will be the only choice of driver you have for your audio as that is the chip that is on your motherboard!!

The Sigmatel Driver does come with its own stereo mixer but if the mixer is not there it could be that it is hidden.....

1. Click the Start Button, type "MMSYS.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.

2. On Recording tab, right-click on the blank area

3. Check “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices” and the Stereo Mix should show up.

If it is disabled, right click on it and choose Enable.

Now, right click the stereo mix and choose "Set as standard" (or whatever it is for you). You might be able to press a button when it is selected.

After this it should work fine with the built in recording app from Vista/Win7.

Scroll down, double click the stereo mix to change options, change the niveau (second tab to 100), and choose the highest quality on the fourth tab.

iain.t :major

5. Dirty Rogue

Dirty Rogue Private E-2

[​IMG]

Hi Iain,

Thanks again. So, i'm in recording devices and the attached jpeg is all i have in there. All are enabled and displaying. When i right click the Sigmatel, there is no Stereo Mix option. Is what i see the stereo mix and it's a case of turning down the volume in the levels tab when i record? If so, then great, i shall do that. I'm just getting confused because it says cd.

Many thanks,

Martin :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds