Realtek High Definition Audio Driver problems (HP dv9000 - Model DV9644CA Laptop)

Discussion in 'Software' started by iman1002, Oct 17, 2009.

1. iman1002

iman1002 Private E-2

I have a similar problem. I am working on an HP dv9000 and I recently installed a new Motherboard. I know the speakers work, because I have a diagnostic tool that tests them and they tested good. Sound came out and everything. However, I cannot seem to get the sound to work when I boot up. I have tried everything and I mean everything. I have reseated the connections to the speakers and the head phone jack. I have uninstalled all of the audio and modem drivers and re-installed them numerous times. I have uninstalled and booted to Safe Mode and tried to install again. I have tried choosing the location of the audio drivers, so that I knew that I was getting what I wanted.

The only other option that I can think of, is doing a Fresh Install of the OS.

If that does not work, then there must be something wrong with the new MB.

Any ideas?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It seems as if you've done just about everything possible to get the audio working, but you didn't tell us which version of Windows you're using, so offering any advice is kind of impossible. However, a fresh OS install is probably a good idea. If you have a lot of data on the hard drive, hopefully you have a 2nd drive to swap out (or maybe a friend has one). That way you can try the clean install on a different drive just to see if the audio will work, and you won't need to worry about losing data or spending lots of time backing up to CD/DVD or external/flash drives. Unfortunately, the HP dv series of laptops are cursed with a plethora of hardware problems, serious hardware problems including failing video chips, wifi malfunctions, and (as you discovered) audio problems. So, good luck. I wish you nothing but the best!
    * fingers crossed *

[dlb]

3. iman1002

iman1002 Private E-2

I appreciate all the help. Unfortunately, with the drivers. I know that they are compatible, because it's the same type of motherboard that was originally in the laptop. I have checked with HP's site and the Universal Audio Architecture driver is the one they suggest, but when I go to install, it always fails and I have tried this through Safe Mode as well as normal boot. I was able to back up all the data on the system, fortunately. I am going to do a fresh install as this is my only alternative solution. I did not want to, but what are ya gonna do right?

I hate this laptop hole heartedly. LOL

The only reason I had to replace the motherboard was due to the video chip.
    So beware all of the now INFAMOUS HP dv laptops. I know I will never buy one.

Take care all and thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds