Realtek High Definition Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by gorr66, Mar 12, 2010.

1. gorr66

gorr66 Private E-2

Whenever i do a clean install of WinXP my Altec Lansing 251 - 5.1 speakers work fine , but after installing Realtek HD Audio drivers my right front speaker (the one that controls all the others) stops working....and sometimes it does work but only works as the "center" speaker as it shows in the realtek control panel. Please dont give suggestions on the Realtek control setting , believe me iv'e put many hours into checking every single detail in there. Is there a known issue with the realtek drivers that i'm missing?

2. born2golf

born2golf Private E-2

If your Realtek HD Audio drivers are working then leave them alone.
    "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

3. gorr66

gorr66 Private E-2

That's what i'm trying to say.....they don't work. Seems to be a conflict between the Realtek drivers and Windows default sound drivers.

4. born2golf

born2golf Private E-2

Have you gone into Device Manager and check out if you have any outdated device drivers.
    Go into Control Panel then Device Manager and look for yellow flags which tell you of an update issue.
    I am not a cert. tech. here but been down the road before. Good luck

5. gorr66

gorr66 Private E-2

Yes i've done all that stuff , device manager and all , i even disabled the onboard audio via the bios and installed a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card and still the same issue. So i reverted back to the onboard audio. I know it's not hardware based cuz it works after a clean WinXP install. Just happens after Realtek driver install.

6. born2golf

born2golf Private E-2

Anything blocking the install like a firewall or AV? Any messages or warnings on the install?
    Have you tried to uninstall Realtek in DM, reboot and do an update and install?

I am just trying to help as these are the things I would have done.
    Or wait till a live tech comes on or do a search in MG for help in Realtek HD Audio drive ?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds