reboot cycling on HP Pavilion tx1220ca tablet PC with Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by compunicki, Jan 27, 2008.

1. compunicki

compunicki Private E-2

reboot cycling on HP Pavilion tx1220ca tablet PC with Vista:

I'm trying to do a recovery. I've got the recovery disc from HP for Windows Vista. I've put it in and followed all the instructions, but in the end, when vista is on there, it stays on for less than two minutes, then reboots the system, and repeats. Endlessly.

Help!?!?!

I've tried recovering 3 times now, with the same result.

2. nateb

nateb Private E-2

Did you ever get this problem fixed?? I have same thing!!!!

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. nateb

nateb Private E-2

Disable automatic restart when able to view the Windows Desktop
    If you are able to view the Windows Desktop, disable automatic restarting by following the steps below:
    Click Start and then right-click Computer . Select Properties
    Click Advanced system settings , then select the Advanced tab.
    Under Startup and Recovery , click the Settings button.
    Under System failure , remove the checkmark next to Automatically restart .
    Click Ok to close the Startup and Recovery window, then click Ok to close the System Properties window, and then close the Properties window.

Tried this and still doing the same thing??? What did you do and did it fix your comp?

5. nateb

nateb Private E-2

my computer is stuck? When i turn it on it says no bootable device--insert boot disk and hit any key. I do this and nothing happens? So i turn the computer off and back on (with disk still in) and it says windows is loading files then when done it goes to a screen that says do i want to restore to factory settings? Yes or no? I click yes and a small window comes up and says

runtime error!

Program: x:\windows\system32\restore.exe

abnormal program termination

(it has a button thats says (ok) to click on and when i do it just starts the whole process over doesn't fix anything?)

Please help me if you can I have a compaq presario c700 with vista

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds