receive but can not send email

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HOSSMAN, Nov 6, 2007.

1. HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN Private E-2

Picked up a new HP laptop with vista h prem,set up my email everything was working good ,then i tryed to send a email but that did'nt work. I can receive but can not send. i have been working on it but can't get it to work, please help

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Likely because your trying to use your home isps out going stmp server, when on a different network, which isn't gonna work. You either need to use your ISP's webmail, or find out the proper smtp server for what ever network your on. This assuming your still at the motel.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I believe it may work if the account is correctly setup in Windows Mail. I just did a test which indicates this. I used my mother's ISP email account info to create an account in my Windows Mail in my Compaq Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium. She does not use the same ISP as me.

In the Account screens in Windows Mail, I opened the Properties panel, selected Servers, checked the box for "My server requires authentication", under "Outgoing Mail Server". Then, I clicked on the Settings button there, and checked the circle for "Log on using". Then, I entered her email address and password in the appropriate boxes, and checked the box for "Remember password". I was then able to send out mail from that account.

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Yes some servers allow you to do it that way, most dont. Instead of having him change his settings each time he is in a different motel/area. Then having to change settings.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If the motel's net service blocks port 25....

No outgoing mail aside from their own server. Nada, zilch.

Unless you use webmail or something like gmail.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds