Recent Zonealarm update

Discussion in 'Software' started by BFLeigh, Jul 12, 2008.

1. BFLeigh

BFLeigh Corporal

A recent software update to ZoneAlarm may have done something to prevent internet access.

It might not even be Zonelarm (there was no request or notification to update it) and the modem/router setup I have might be conflicting with another recent program update. I think whatever program it is did a silent update.

I currently have Zonelarm, AVG 8.0 Free and SocketShield constantly running (and at Startup too).

2. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

click

overview --> preferences --> check for updates now

or go to the zonealarm website and download the latest update.

the problem was a conflict between a windows update and zonealarm, but it was fixed just a little while ago with a new zonealarm version release

3. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

ZoneAlarm fixed it. You need to update your firewall. Link here.

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Must type faster :-D

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

It's a known issue, get the latest ZA update from the front page which fixes the problem. ZA was not happy with MS's update KB951748/

EDIT: LOL @ 'must type faster.' :D

6. tej46

tej46 Private E-2

Zonealarm recent update has done this to plenty of people.
    If you download and install the latest versions from below it solves the internet access problems so you can have the update from microsoft and also have the slider set to high.

download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/pressReleases/2008/LossOfInternetAccessIssue.html

Hope this helps you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds