Reclaim USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clarakent, Nov 5, 2010.

1. clarakent

clarakent Private E-2

hi,
    I have a Transcend JetFlash V30 (2 gbs).
    My sis accidentally used the jetflash software to use it to lock her laptop. Then when the laptop didn't start w/o the flash drive she formatted the laptop.:cry
    Now the drive is locked too, can't use it anywhere.
    When I plug in the flash drive, it doesn't show up in my computer, or computer management > storage > disk management.
    It does, however, show up in device manager with device status saying
    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
    If it's kept plugged in during bootup, the light comes on before windows starts, as if it's looking to unlock the computer.
    So maybe it's just a key without a lock right now.
    Is there some way i can make this flash drive functional again?
    Or have I created history by being the first person to experience this kind of problem.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, clarakent.

You might try the Transcend formatting and/or recovery tools located here - you'll probably lose any data on the drive, but the software may unlock the stick and make it functional again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds