recomendations for hardware upgrades software

Discussion in 'Software' started by godsdragon, Jan 20, 2012.

1. godsdragon

godsdragon Private E-2

Is there any software programs out there that will scan my computer's hardware and suggest the upgrades I would want and need to make my system run more efficiently?
    Thanks...

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

3. godsdragon

godsdragon Private E-2

4. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

godsdragon,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. So many people on this site have used driver software to try to "fix" or "improve" their hardware and wind up with a computer that is worse than it was. Just stick with the manufacturers upgrades, although they can be almost as bad as driver finding software .

5. godsdragon

godsdragon Private E-2

I have not checked the website yet, so I was not aware that the site is to update drivers. What I meant to find is a site that tells me I have such and such hard drive and you should upgrade it to a SATA drive blah blah, or you have such and such graphics card and you should upgrade to such and such blah blah...
    Make more sense now? I guess I was not specific enough.. :confused

6. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

7. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You can use Speccy to determine what hardware you currently have, From here you will have to pull up your motherboard's manual to see what it could take. The only exception is crucial.com for your RAM.

Also, if you're going to post up the log, make sure you delete the serial key in Notepad.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds