Recommendation for portable external hard drive for music?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by niceyo2002, Apr 28, 2010.

1. niceyo2002

niceyo2002 Private E-2

Recently, I been looking around for a good portable external hard drive with lots of room for my music collection to use it for dj. It is also with the intent to use it as my multimedia device such as using it to play my music with a dj program, and/or connecting it to a multimedia device. I started looking at the WD elements SE 1tb SE portable and the Iomega ego 500gb portable.

I really like the SE 1tb, but I hear many people talk negative about it such as it is not sata, it uses a propirietary connection meaning if I ever want to take out the hard drive, it will not fit in a laptop nor it can be connected with a 2.5 sata connection.

But then again, I also like Iomega ego 500gb because mainly it is said that it can support falls from 50inch, meaning it is durable and protects the hard drive and is ultra portable. But I heard that the hard drive gets too warm, and that the casing gets loosen time to time.

I really need a portable hard drive that can sustain long periods of time during the day. Please help me out, thanks.

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

How portable does it need to be. Will you be using it at jobs and stuff?

I like the Western Digital passport drives. Complete USB powered and no need to mess with any other cables. Simply one USB Cable.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds