Recommendations on Notebook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by budtee, Aug 9, 2005.

1. budtee

budtee Private E-2

I am going to be buying a new notebook or laptop. I don't do gaming. Just spread sheets, word processing and web surfing. I have had AMD processors in my last couple desktops and have been satisfied. I plan to spend $700 to $1200. I would like recommendations on processor, hard drive, ram, screen, and manufacturer.

2. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

I have a HP with Amd 64, I love it. They just introduced the Lance Armstrong version with the Turion 64 3-4 hours on a battery, plus they lowered the price, the screen on the HP is great, I'd look into it, one draw back are these are somewhat heavy, best buy for your money by far. I would recomend upgrading the HD afterwards with a low power 7200rpm Hitachi drive.

3. askantik

askantik Sergeant

The new AMD Turion 64 CPUs are great. I'd look into an Acer. They are good, sturdy notebooks and I believe they offer one with an ML-28 Turion 64, 1 GB RAM, 100GB hard drive, CrystalBrite widescreen, etc. for around $1000. Awesome deal and there customer support is good, too. Check Newegg.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

I have the Compaq 2570us laptop, which I just upgraded the harddrive to a 60gb and it runs great. If going for 64bit, Gateway has a great 64bit AMD with widescreen and lightweight.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds