record handling in c++

Discussion in 'Software' started by in the rain, Apr 4, 2004.

1. in the rain

in the rain Private E-2

can i ask what record handling is? we were given a homework about it... we have to produce a source code. i would appreciate it if you can give me a sample..please! help!!! [​IMG] i really have no idea what this is!

2. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Need a bit more information then that.
    I'm assuming your goign to be handeling records, or structs.
    Are you reading them from a file or what.. more info and i will help

3. in the rain

in the rain Private E-2

i think my teacher wants something where you can input a record... add delete... those stuffs then save it in a database..?! thanks for the reply! :)

4. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Theres many ways to do database work. what kind of databse does he want you to work with? does he want to to make your own? (its not that hard to do for small slow databse)

5. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Sounds like all that is really need is a struct configuration with a double link list. You can have add, delete, edit, insert, and move functions for the records. I can't believe the teacher would want you to write anything more complex for homework.

6. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Ya i was thinking that or structs saved to a typed file. both easy to do. We realy can't help without a detailed explanation of the problem.

7. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

True! But it's probably too late to hand in that homework anyway. The help request is now 5 days old.

8. in the rain

in the rain Private E-2

yeah.. thanks fo your suggestions anyway :) this board's cool!! :cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds