Recording audio from the 'net

Discussion in 'Software' started by hopperdave2000, Aug 22, 2007.

1. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I think I asked a similar question some time ago.... suppose I'm surfing the web, and I come to a web site that has a really cool bit of music playing in the background. How do I go about recording that bit of music? I'm pretty sure Audacity will do it, but what are the steps, exactly? Many thanx for any help or suggestions!

hd2k

2. Tarquin BA

Tarquin BA Private First Class

Start Audacity.

Set it to Stereo Mix from the options (others include Line In, Microphone, Phone Line).

Click Record.

You may have to experiment with the slider control (next to the mic logo) to set the recording volume. If it's too high, it will be distorted.

* also, if you want to change from the default mono recording, click Edit, then Preferences. Click the 3rd drop down box where it says "Channels", and select 2 (Stereo)

Attached Files:

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Suppose I'm surfing the web, and I come to a web site that has a really cool bit of music playing in the background. How do I go about recording that bit of music? I'm pretty sure Audacity will do it, but what are the steps, exactly? hd2k <<

Following up on Tarquin BA's excellent instructions (from the previous post):

Here are the detailed instructions on how to record whatever sound the computer is currently playing, (including internet radio streams) from the Audacity website's Help Section

Good Luck!

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Cool! Thanx for the info and the Audacity help link.... I should have thought of that myself :eek: Thanx again guys ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds