Recording live streaming video

Discussion in 'Software' started by onabeach, Jan 4, 2010.

1. onabeach

onabeach Private E-2

Does anyone know of a simple, straightforward application that can record/save live webstreams in order to watch them again later? The webstreams are basically concerts. I notice that by right clicking, that the webstreams use Adobe flashplayer. But, right clicking doesn't result in any way to save the webstream. (I can sort of see why. The source would need to save it and make it available as a link.)

Or, another option is I can choose a lower video quality by clicking on a link from the source site, and this causes the webstreams to open in windows media player.
    So, I'm hoping to be able to save them, and maybe even edit them. But every program I've looked at seems too complicated for my beginner status.
    I've downloaded Itunes, but as far as I know it can't record right?

2. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

I use Real Player which is free, and has a "Download this Video" link that is fabulous. This link will download any video, movie, music, etc. The only thing that will prevent the downloading, is if the item is protected from downloading by its license (which happens occasionally, but not that often).

3. onabeach

onabeach Private E-2

Thanks, I just want to confirm, it can record live events as they're occurring that haven't yet been uploaded to any sight or saved as any type of file or video's yet?

I'll go ahead and read up on RealPlayer, and see if I can learn more and understand. Thanks again!

4. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

I don't know if RealPlayer's 'Download This Video' link can download something that has not yet been uploaded or saved. You should try it and see. I have never tried that, I've only used it for downloading videos, movies and music that has already been uploaded to a site. It's a great tool though! Good luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds