recording with audigy 2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ringo, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Ringo

Ringo Private E-2

i bought an audigy 2 recently and would like to record a radio show from my hifi... which is fine but the problem is i dont want to listen to the show while i'm doing it - i want to record in the background while listening to the normal pc audio.

this works with the mic input but the sound is way too fuzzy, is there any way to do this with the line in?

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

With the line in, simply set up your recording software, set the level of the Line in on the Recording sound control panel (bring up the volume control control panel, click options,properties, select Recording radio box) and select it. Then go back to playback levels and mute the line in. That way, you can listen to whatever you want while its recording.

The Mic input will be fuzzy as you are probably doing a 20dB boost on a signal that is already line level (not so good). On most sound cards the mic and line in input are exactly the same, except mic inputs have a soft boost for common passive minijack mics.

p.s. a line level input would be coming from the stereo phono outs from the radio :)

3. Ringo

Ringo Private E-2

thanks, that worked a treat. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds