recover data from recycle bin

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by naked_snake, Feb 13, 2007.

1. naked_snake

naked_snake Private E-2

is there a way or a program to recover the data after you delete it from recycle bin?

2. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Private First Class

the simple answer is-- no.
    if it was in the recycle bin and you clicked delete. you're screwed.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Not true!!!!! Just check the Data Recovery section here at Major Geeks!!! I've used a program called Restoration many, many, MANY times when I accidently emptied the bin. It works great!!!! If you have a 2nd hard drive or USB external drive or USB thumb drive, put the recovered data there. If not, create a new, empty folder for the recovered data before running Restoration. You can also use Avira UnErase, Free UnDelete, etc... there's several that are 100% free. But I've only used Restoration and I highly recommend it: it's easy to use and you can search for specific filenames and do wildcard searches too. IT ROCKS!!!

hopperdave2000

4. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Private First Class

sry.. i like to scare the new ones lol

5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

yeah... I kinda thought that was what you were up to.... a few years ago it would've scared the :crap outta me too!!! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds