1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recover data from XBox hard drive?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

A friend's XBox took a major :crap the other day and he gave me the hard drive saying "try to save my stuff". I'm not 100% sure what his "stuff" is, but is it even possible to recover data from an XBox hard drive if it's plugged into a PC? I hooked it up thru a USB port, and all that Windows tells me is that it's an unrecognized format. And that's only in Computer Management > Disk Management. I can't even access it thru My Computer. So, I'm assuming that it's a totally different filing system. I even tried running some data recovery apps on it. Easy Recovery Pro didn't even recognize that a drive was connected, and PCInspector reports the drive as 0.00mb in size, and therefore says that no data can be recovered. I haven't done any research yet, this is my first stop.... so, any ideas out there??