Recover deleted file

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Valhallis, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Valhallis

Valhallis Private First Class

I have a user that accidentally deleted a shared file from her local machine and she wants to recover it. The file is stored in a shared directory on a server 2003 machine. The file does not show up in her recycle bin (which I assumed it would). And I can't find a 'recycled' folder on the server or anything either. For good measure I ran a small recoveyr program on the server but didn't find it still. Any idea where it could have gone?

Also, in case anyone asks we do have a backup of it, but it won't do any good because it won't have any of the updated information she needs.

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

if you have the file shared out it should still be on the server. she could just go back to the server and copy the file over again. if its not on the server and she deleted the only other copy of the file, you might be SOL unless you want to take the time to bring the hard drive to a third party recovery place...

3. Valhallis

Valhallis Private First Class

Ya I don't think its recoverable. Oh well, a hard lesson learned I guess. Thanks bro!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds