Recovering Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by kenweed, Oct 23, 2007.

1. kenweed

kenweed Private E-2

I have a problem with my Toshiba laptop that i bought a few days ago..its a satellite U305-S5087. I was not supplied with a recovery cd, it came with a recovery partition though from which you can create recovery disks from. Now my problem is whenever I try to create the recovery disks I get an error "No HDD recovery area" The Toshiba disk creator cannot be launched!! Can some one help me out on this as I want to resize my hard drive and create a partition for Ubuntu Linux. When I tried the recovery disk creator for the first time it was working.

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

The recovery creator will only work once, I believe. Look at your instructions.

This feature is an annoying new addition to modern computers.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

So, you created a recovery disk, right? The idea is that, once you've created it, you then use it and no longer use the recovery partition on the hard drive. If you did not succeed in creating a recovery disk and now cannot use the recovery partition on the hard drive, contact Toshiba. They probably can send you a disk, although they may charge a small fee for it.

But, I'm wondering why you need it. Windows Vista has the capability to resize partitions. Have you looked at that? Here's one reference: Windows Vista Tips & Tricks: Resize Partitions. For more, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=resize+partitions+in+Windows+Vista&btnG=Google+Search

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds