Recovery Console won't recognize me~

Discussion in 'Software' started by BlackThunder, Dec 15, 2007.

1. BlackThunder

BlackThunder Private E-2

I know there are lots of articles in Microsoft about this problem, Recovery Console won't recognize me! itasks for password whever i try to log onto
    #1 C:WINDOWS.

I have:
    1 C: WINDOWS
    2 C: WINXP
    currently my C: WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SYSTEM is corrupted so I can't log ont C: WINDOWS so im tring to fix it but it's asking me for password, the password I never set up before.

anyways I found a trick how to make Recovery Console Not to ask for password, regediting and changing the SecurityLevel value of Recovery console to 1....

well of course i did that trick on C: WINXP since I can't go into C: WINDOWS OS, and it stopped asking password for C: WINXP but still not C: WINDOWS... Is there a way to get through this stupid console and let me recover it? Thanks.

2. BlackThunder

BlackThunder Private E-2

any help would be great......

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

A little puzzled as to what C:\windows and C:\windowsXP represent. Are they different operating systems?

When you are trying to log on to the recovery console just press enter at the question if you do not have an administrator password set.

You can also install a fresh copy of windowsXP to effect repair. This has the advantage that you can use regedit32 to edit the original registry.
    Just decline the format option when installing (not repair) and install to a new folder, say twindows.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds