Recovery Genius

Discussion in 'Software' started by nickson2, May 4, 2004.

1. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

here it is peeps..... my pc has been broken for weeks, a mate of mine said he would have a go at fixing it, he ended up having to format the hard disk and reinstall the os. Only problem is he says it got this recovery genius hidding in one of the boot sectors or summat and cant get shut of it, any ideas how to do it? all advice would be welcome :)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

He may have to delete the HD partition and the create a new one to remove any boot sectors.. if using XP then boot to the CD and it will allow you to delete the active partition then create a new one.... if using a 9x version then a boot floppy and Fdisk will do the trick.

3. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

thanx guys its all sorted now...... even the sassy worm virus and blaster worm i managed to get as soon as i went back online :( could only happen to me

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

at this point Nickson I would if I were you be tempted to goto MS and get the patches for Blaster and Sasser and store them on another partition or a CDRW for use if you have to reinstall XP again and install them after SP1a and before you go online ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/security/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds